9.03.2009

Alex taubana wa aeyza move out of the dorm

Long long long day today.  I finally got a bus pass, student visa form, id and receipt from the AUC.   I'm glad most of the drama is over...this school is incredibly unorganized but I want to move out of the dorm and am afraid this will cause more drama.

Why would I want to leave my precious dorm, you ask? My dorm is in Zamalek which is essentially the little america of Cairo.  The food is expensive (not expensive by american standards but by egyptian) with a sandwhich costing 25 egyptians pounds, roughly 5 dollars.  I know, youre thinking 5 BUCKS? Get outta here, that's nothing.  But in downtown cairo I can get a bigger sandwich for 4 pounds, thats LESS THAN 75 CENTS YALL!

Egyptians can stretch a pound for real!

Why spend more when you dont have to?  Do I have an ATM sign on my forehead? Everything tastes better and is cheaper in the city. plus, Im not in the states.  I refuse to spend more money on something just because I have.

That is just...

stupid.

Anywho, I rode a microbus yesterday...and knocked a couple years off.... AND IT WAS GREAT!  the driver had to be doing 75 minimum in cairene traffice with the door flopping open and windows all open. I also went to nasr city (with tye and april) which is just....an experience, for real. 


I'm bad at this blogging thing but hopefully I will get better.  MASALAMA!

0 comments:

Post a Comment