7.13.2010

I jumped OFF Usher years ago



 but this...


is kinda my ish.  At the same time I have serious problems with this song...mostly the same problem I have with standard relationship ish nowadays.  People dont get married...they settle for 'wifey' and (worse) 'baby momma' status.  Initially listening to the song it's a cool bob n weave --hell I was singing along-- then I really heard  what the dude was saying.

baby loving you feels better than
everything, anything
put on my heart you don't need a ring
and I promise our time away won't change my love


ER?  You love me so much but I dont get a ring? You dont have the decency to give your girl your name?  Methinksnot!  Vows are the best promise a woman will ever get from a man and that's not even permanent.  These dudes can keep that kind of love; I'd rather sleep with my pillow, thanks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment