7.16.2010

Exito, que olor tan dulce y Palabras para sobrevivir

Back from D.C.  after a lovely day in the capital, a trip made unavoidable by the Spanish government's decision that student visas must be applied for in person.  We left NC around five and four hours (in a car, a half pound of candy and a series of heinous radio stations) later caught a glimpse and whiff of the capital city.  I've often referred to D.C. as 'one of the cesspools' of america (right behind NJ) but after being there for a bit I have to admit its nowhere near as bad as Jersey ;).  I might even have to take it completely off the list.

It was definitely an adventure.  I applied for the visa (the administrators/officers at the consulate were way sweet), traipsed the streets, caught lunch at some hole in the wall and did some shopping.  My baby sister even almost got hit by a car.  I realized I still had a little egypt in me--and scared the crap at my mom-- when I started to run after the car and curse out said driver.  YA MASR!

The wait for my visa is supposed to be a month.  I'm really hoping so.

___________
I might not be the most beautiful or sexiest, nor do I have the perfect body. I might not be your first choice, but I am a GREAT choice. I don't pretend to be someone else, cause I am too GOOD at being me. I might not be proud of some of the things I've done, but I am well pleased with who I AM. Take me as I AM, or watch me as I go!

--- Tasha Tavaras

هو ده!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment